Thursday 23 August 2012

Snakebite Clan Nob Boar Riders

Hi,

I've been working on a Snakebite clan. My aims for this project are: 1) a complete contrast to my Deathskulls (both aesthetically and play style), 2) units I can mix and match with my Deathskulls and 3) an army I can play alongside my Deathskulls in larger games which will have a ‘Waaagh’-y look.

Those of you that have read my Snakebite clan fluff will have guessed that I'm going for a Nob Biker list complemented by Kommandos. However, I've decided to kit-bash to create my bikers, and have opted for boar rider proxies (using the Savage Orc GW range and Nob bitz). Minor conversion work was needed to convert the Savage Orc boys to hold the weapons and give them a '40k' look. I especially enoyed building and painting the painboy!

Overall, I’m pleased with the results. Here are pictures of my first 5 (out of a planned 14):

All 5 of the Nob Boar Riders
Painboy Boar Rider


Painboy Boar Rider side view

Nob Powerklaw Boar rider
Two Nob Big Choppa Boar Riders

No comments:

Post a Comment