Tuesday 27 March 2012

The Morkinator

Today i thought I'd upload some work in progress photo's of my Epic Super Stompa, The Morkinator:

1/ I began by making a pear shape with milli-put. After that had dried I made a head from a landspeeder sensor and guns from various Ork-y bits (a big shoota and a grot prod, and a shooter). I made the feet from space marine shoulder pads and plasti card and stuck on spikes and pannels from the battlewagon kit:

Front view:



Back view:



2/ Next I added more pannels from the battlewagon kit and an imperial fists pannel. I then began adding pannels of can, building up layers. I made these can-pannels from a standard Pepsi can, cut into various squares and rectangles. I pressed a drill bit into the corners to make indets to look like rivets:

Front view:



Back view:



I kept adding the pannels until all of the milliput was covered.

3/ I primed the Stompa black and painted like the rest of my Epic army :):







And The Morkinator was ready to take pride of place in Big Mek Thud-ock's Stompamob:



If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I plan to do a painting tutorial at some point too.

No comments:

Post a Comment