Thursday 29 March 2012

An Empire Distraction

Happy Thursday everyone :)

Today I thought I'd take a bit of a trip down (a non-Ork-y) memory lane.

I had a long break from fantasy, and when I got back into it after ~5 years the Army i choose to do this with was The Empire. My reason for this was the conversion potential and the love of steampunk artwork. The theme I chose was 'Insect Steampunk' (which was justified by fluff). It was heavily converted, using a lot of greenstuff and tin-can. I speed built and painted the army (<4 months) for a Tournament in 7th ed, and despite the rushed paint job it bagged 'Best painted army'.

So here are a few pictures:

Army view:



Some mechanical insect cavalry:



Steam snail:



The Wizard:




I have loads more photo's of individual unit's/close-ups, if requested I could do a more indepth post.
Hope you haven't minded the non-ork distraction! More Ork's soon I promise :)

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled across this blog via Warseer and I'm mightily impressed by what I've seen. This Empire army is insanely brilliant, and your Epic Orks have got me wanting to dig mine out of storage. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thank you for your feedback, its always nice to know someone's actually viewing my blog!

      I made the Empire for the UK student national tournament a couple of years back. The steamsnail inparticular got a lot of attention. They actually did quite well game wise too.

      I've played a variety of 40k armies, and think orks are by far the most enjoyable, so get digging! I call you to the WAAAGH!

      Delete