Saturday 19 May 2012

Battle Fleet Gothic: Hammer Class Battlecruizer

Hi everyone,

At the moment I've been work on a Battle fleet gothic Ork fleet. Due to lack of funds I want to make this as cheap as possible.

So far I've finished a battleship (Hammer Class Battlecruizer), and have started some brute ram ships (which I will blog about when the are completed).

To begin with I hit my local Modelzone shop and hunted down some kits to use for my fleet. I bought a Conflix kit (£6.99):


This was the only Conflix kit the store had, so I snapped it up. I have pictures of the sprues included in the kit, if your interested, ask and I'll PM them to you/add a sprue post.

I also bought a Revel Long Beach boat kit which was in the sale (£4.99):


Armed with a load of new bitz, and my exisiting bitz box, I started to kit bash a Battleship.
I wanted my ship to look like an Orky hodge-podge, a messy hulk suitable for a crazy Mek.

Here are some shots (pre-green stuffing):




Next I green stuffed any major gaps, filed down (or roughned up) some edges, and started painting.

here are shots of the finished Ship:





I decided to base my Fleet on Star-Space themed bases. I used some glitter and paint for the stars. Here is a base shot:


What do think? A ship worthy of an Ork Horde?


No comments:

Post a Comment