Friday 6 April 2012

Orky Rust

Happy Easter everyone!

Today I thought I should crack on with my 40k army, and began painting a battlewagon. It's alarmingly slow progress (all those nooks and cranny's), but it's getting there. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to document how I paint Orky metal. When coming up with a metal colour scheme, I wanted it to look really battered and badly maintained but at the same time needed something super quick to do...So here's what I came up with:

Step 1.

I base the metal with GW's Tin Blitz:



Step 2.

I then dry brush GW's Boltgun metal:



Step 3.
Rust:

Next I dry brush Vallejo's Parasite brown into the crevices and around bolts:



Step 4.
Oxidised metal:

I then paint in Vallejo's Turquoise in crevices and around bolts :



Step 5.
Finishing:

Finally I dry brush a highlight of GW's Mithril silver:



And that's the metal done :)

I'm hoping to finish the battlewagon over the Easter holidays, and I will post pictures of the finished piece ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment