Thursday 5 July 2012

Grot Army!

Hi,

I have now finished +1500pts of my Ork army. I've played a few 40k armies (Nids, Tau, Space Wolves and briefly Dark Eldar...), and have found none half as fun as Orks. I enjoy the play style, the conversion potential and the character of the models. However after painting so many Orks, I feel a bit restless.

To combat this, I decided to do a side project. I wanted a side project which would allow conversions, game variety and a higher standard of painting, but not look too out of place playing along side my current army. Despite the temptation of an 'allied' force, I settled on a Grot army. I want this army to have a totally different play style and look different enough to be refreshing to build/paint while still meshing with my current army to allow me to 'mix and match' between the two.

I will post an army list later (maybe even tomorrow :), but it will include Mega grotz, killa kans, grot tanks, shoota grotz and Trukks. For now, here is my test model, a Shoota Grot:






Hope you like 'im.

No comments:

Post a Comment