Friday 6 July 2012

Mega Grot


Hi,

As mentioned in my previous post, to combat painting boredom, I’ve embarked upon a Grot army side project. This will allow variety and different challenges to help keep me motivated. The bonus of this project is that it fits in well with my existing Ork army, allowing me to use units straight away.

My ultimate 1,500pts Grot army will consist of:

HQ:
Warboss (Mega armour, Cybork body, Bosspole and Attack squig) = 130pts
Big Mek (Kustom force field and Cybork body) = 95pts

Troops:
5 x Mega Nobs Grotz (Rokkit launchaz) = 225pts
Trukk (Red paint job) = 40pts
12 x Shoota Boyz Grotz (1 x “Nob” (Powerklaw, Bosspole and ‘eavy armour) and 1x Big shoota) = 122pts
-          Trukk (Red paint job) = 40pts
11 x Shoota Boyz Grotz (1 x “Nob” (Powerklaw, Bosspole and ‘eavy armour) and 1x Big shoota) = 116pts
-          Trukk = 35pts
19 x Grotz Snotlings + Runtherder = 67pts

Elite:
4 x Grot tanks (1 x kommanda and 4 x Rokkit launchaz) = 195pts
4 x Grot tanks (1 x kommanda and 4 x Grotzookaz) = 175pts

Fast attack:
Grot Mega Tank ( T.L  Big shoota, T.L Rokkit launcha, 2x Skorchaz, Rokkit launcha and Red paint job) = 125pts

Heavy support:
Killakanz ( 3x Grotzookaz) = 135pts

Once I have built and painted this core, I will start adding Deffkopters, Big Guns and maybe some buggies, since all three of these units are missing from my Ork army. I have decided to use all of the Ork codex stats, despite the models being grotz. To make this seem less ridiculous, I’ll make an effort to make the grotz look ‘arder and stronger. For example, the shoota grot I posted yesterday has spikey shoulder guards (explaining why he’s T4), and his lower BS could be explained by weapon recoil...

            When designing this list, I really tried to go for a completely different play style to my Ork list, and since a high amount of converting will be needed I wanted to keep the model count relatively low.

            Just to clarify too, I will still be continuing with my Ork army (and am in fact in the middle of painting some more camo shoota boyz to bulk that unit up to 20), but want something to do when I fancy a change.

            Here are pictures of my first Mega Grot. I used killakan bitz and scratch built the box the grot sits in. I’m pleased with how it has turned out, and look forward to building 4 more (and maybe a more elaborate 5th one for my warboss):






No comments:

Post a Comment